Thank you for your interest in basedon.com (the “Site”), which is owned and operated by BasedOn. We encourage you to read the following Privacy Statement, which outlines how the Site and BasedOn collects, uses and maintains personal information from Site users.
The Site shares information about BasedOn capabilities, work and services and invites current and prospective clients, job candidates, employees, vendors, partners and/or general public to contact us. By using the Site or by providing personal information to us, you agree to the terms set forth below (the “Terms”).
What This Privacy Statement Covers and Does Not Cover
This Privacy Statement covers BasedOn’s use of the personal information you submit. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, business and/or household, and includes your first and last name, home mailing address, email address, phone number and/or any additional information that is not otherwise publicly available (“Personal Information”).
This statement does not cover the practices of companies that BasedOn does not own or control, or to people that BasedOn does not employ or manage, or to information collected by means other than those provided on this Site.
Personal Information Collected on basedon.com:
BasedOn collects personal information from individuals seeking to contact us on the Site via the “contact us” form. This information can include first name, last name, email address and phone number.
In addition to collecting Personal Information from those wishing to contact us, BasedOn collects Personal Information as follows:
BasedOn may use automated methods to collect and aggregate information regarding general use of this Site. This is collected and stored in the form of user analytics, and it is used to help us improve user experience and the relevance of content that we provide and deliver. This analytical information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address and the type of browser and operating system used.
- The date and time you accessed the Site and the pages you visited.
- Whether or not you linked from or to another website.
- Whether or not you open any email generated from submitting the “Contact Us” form on the Site, and if so, the links that you click within the email.
- Your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
Cookies, Local Shared Objects, Web Beacons and other Data Technologies.
BasedOn automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server and stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser and/or storing information or settings in your browser.
- Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects are used to store your preferences or display content based on what you have viewed on other websites. They are sometimes known as “Flash Cookies”, and are used to personalize your viewing experience.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons link web pages to web servers and their cookies.
- Data Technologies. Any other technology that may be developed to track and analyze online browsing patterns and provide more customized browsing experiences on the Site.
- Publicly Posted Information. BasedOn may collect information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality. This information is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
How BasedOn Uses and Shares the Personal Information It Collects
In regards to the Personal Information collected to operate our services, we may use and share it in the following ways:
- For Everyday Business: BasedOn may use the Personal Information collected to follow up to a request submitted via the “contact us” form. BasedOn may share Personal Information collected to operate our services with entities that provide services to us for everyday business purposes such as diagnosing technical issues, improving financial performance, improving user experience and evaluating our business.
- In Response to Legal Action. BasedOn will share your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In the context of a merger or acquisition: If we agree to sell, transfer or merge all or a portion of our business or assets, or in preparation for such operation under a non-disclosure agreement, in which case we will endeavor to ensure that the transferee agrees to use the Personal Information in a manner consistent with this notice.
- Combined with Other Sources: we may combine Personal Information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about vehicle history, your interests and activities, additional demographic data, your use of the Site, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources, and may be used to verify the accuracy of the data that you submit and/or provide us and our partners with additional insight about your preferences and the nature of any inquiry you submitted using our Site.
TCPA, CAN-SPAM and Related Compliance
Your use of this Site establishes a business or other applicable relationship with us for purposes of CAN-SPAM, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and all other applicable law that addresses unsolicited commercial communications.
If you wish us to learn more about the data that we collect, opt-out from communications and/or refrain from providing your Personal Information in this manner, please see the opt-out information and contact information provided below.
BasedOn uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Data Rights
With regards to Personal Information Collected on Behalf of our Clients, you may have rights as stated in the respective privacy statements and/or privacy policies of the Client, which you can exercise following the steps outlined in their privacy notices which are accessible via visiting the applicable Client’s website, scrolling to the footer and clicking on the applicable link.
With regards to Personal Information collected, BasedOn provides Site users the rights described below:
- Right to Request Access to the Information Collected and Shared. You have a right to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Opt Out from Communications. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of receiving communications from us. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request
- Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information by one of our Clients to a third party. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request, which we will share with our Client so that they can process.
- Right to Non Discrimination Related to Exercising Your Rights. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
Method to Submit a Request:
Via Email: To exercise any of the aforementioned rights, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “BasedOn – Right to Request”. In the body of your email, please clearly state the right you would like to exercise (e.g. Right to Request Information Collected and Shared, Right to Request Information Sold, Right to Delete, Right to Opt Out from Communications and/or Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold.”
BasedOn will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable. This compliance may involve batch processing and other processes that may take ten (10) days or longer to process.
Because your privacy is important to us, BasedOn extends the rights described above to all Site users regardless of whether they reside in a State that mandates them or not. Please note that your rights are subject to certain conditions and exceptions. For States that mandate and regulate these rights, BasedOn will comply with applicable law which provides for limitations (such as limitations under California law to the right to know based on our compliance with evidentiary privileges recognized under California Law) and exceptions (such as exceptions to the California right to erase under Cal. Civ. Code Sec. 1798.105(d).) For States where these rights are not mandated under applicable law, BasedOn will follow its own internal policies and procedures to consider and grant the rights and establish appropriate limitations.
Please also note that, on a case-by-case basis and in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act and any other state or federal statutes governing the collection and storage of Personal Information, we may continue to keep your Personal Information and any related information to the extent necessary to respond to any request involving your data rights above and/or respond to any governmental or legal proceedings.
If you opt out per the process set forth above, but then provide your Personal Information to us again using the Site or under other circumstances permit us to use your Personal Information, then we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
BasedOn does not share Personal Information it collects to operate its services with third parties.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
BasedOn may update this statement from time to time. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement, the use of your Personal Information and any dispute you may have related to such is governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, USA. By accessing this Form and by using the services offered on the Site, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in Oakland County, Michigan, USA.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions about this Privacy Statement or any experience you have had with this Form, please contact our parent company at:BasedOn
400 Grand River Avenue, Suite 200
Detroit, MI 48227
NOTICE: click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.